Sharing your dreams

Tiny-Gems asks the profesionals in the wedding business who they would use and why?
From chair covers and favours to wedding venues and everything inbetween.


To be involved or for more information please email me at:

sarah@tiny-gems.co.uk

Tuesday 28 June 2011

Knots and Kisses Dream Day

Welcome today to Nikki of Knots and Kisses Wedding Stationery our fourth wedding professional to give us her insider knowledge and hints and tips for the perfect Wedding day.
I'm not married and have never really thought about what I would have in detail ... but it was a really interesting exercise to do. I've got loads of ideas for weddings now I've been working in the wedding industry for so long it was great to think about what I'd have and not work on a scheme for a blog or client! There are so many choices its really difficult!


Knots and Kisses


Knots and Kisses










Knots and Kisses offers gorgeous bespoke and 'off the peg' boutique style wedding stationery, for the stylish bride who wants something that stands out from the crowd. We provide a full service specifically tailored to your wedding needs: from invitations to menu cards, orders of service to beautifully hand painted table plans.... we provide the whole package for the most important day of your life. Should there be anything you want which you don't see on our website, just ask, we can create a bespoke package just for you!



Invites, - well I'd do my own obviously! I would want a vintage festival theme in browns, duck egg blues and pink. www.knotsandkisses.co.uk

Venue, - I'd have a yurt village festival theme at somewhere like www.cornishtipiholidays.co.uk <http://www.cornishtipiholidays.co.uk/>  or another camp/farm site locally who would let me set up lots of yurts or tipis!

Cornish Tipi Holidays

Decoration/ favours - The interior of the yurts would be long trestle tables, wild flowers in vintage bottles and teapots, with a drawing room set up outside with old lamps & sofas. Lots of twinkly fairy lights in trees and Moroccan style lanterns in the yurts.


Hair and makeup - I'd probably do my own, I want to look like me on my wedding day.

Dresses, - I'd want a dress from BHLDN - real vintage feel. http://www.bhldn.com/
 
Menswear, - I'd leave it up to him ... he can wear what he likes

Cakes, - I would almost certainly make my own as I love baking, but to be honest I've never liked the idea of a traditional cake, I would prefer a dessert and cheese buffet from Sweet Dream Events. http://www.sweetdreamevents.co.uk/ 











Fairynuff Flowers
 Flowers - I'd probably go with Fairy Nuff Flowers .. I love her vintage style ... lots of blowsy blush coloured peonies and wild daisys. http://www.fairynuff-flowers.co.uk/

Fairynuff Flowers





















Photographer, - Agh .. to many people I like but I'd want a really relaxed reportage style.

Entertainment - I'd want a live band like The Redfords, and a children's tent to keep my smaller relatives occupied!

Wedding Planner - ooh so not sure on this one there are so many fabulous people about! If I got married where I currently live in Essex I'd probably choose Kate Fletcher Events as she also hires out loads of fab vintage props which I could use for decoration. http://www.katefletcherevents.co.uk/

Kate Fletcher Events
Finishing Touches-  I'd want something vintage ... so I'd probably trawl round antiques fairs for a beautiful brooch or necklace.

And finally
What one top tip would you give to a bride to be in arranging her wedding?

Put together a mood board with all of your ideas to really see if they work together. So many weddings are a jumble of ideas that don't really gel because couples have just picked loads of random things they've come across without thinking if they fit into the feel of their day.


Nikki Ward
Knots and Kisses

Knots & Kisses Wedding Stationery

Thanks Nikki it all sounds really lovely and there are some great ideas in there for bride to be's




1 comment:

  1. Lovely!! Love reading other peoples ideas on their perfect day xxx

    ReplyDelete