Sharing your dreams

Tiny-Gems asks the profesionals in the wedding business who they would use and why?
From chair covers and favours to wedding venues and everything inbetween.


To be involved or for more information please email me at:

sarah@tiny-gems.co.uk

Friday 10 June 2011

White Gold Images Dream Wedding

I am very excited to share this blog with you all not only is it my 3rd willing participant but I think you'll all love this one from the lovely and utterly hilarious Yvonne of White Gold Images.

White Gold Images
I have been shooting weddings for over a year now and come across all manner of beautiful accessories, divine stationary, wonderfully talented planners & caterers and of course, the most amazing venues. These are just a small selection of my recommendations.


Invites – two companies in particular stand out for me for stationary. The first is Katherine at Make My Day who has some lovely designs and has even created the most amazing business cards for me.
 
Make My Day


Lil Guy Celebration Stationary

The second is Lil Guy Celebration Stationary who create the most sophisticated handmade invites around, simply beautiful.









Venue, - ok, this is where it gets difficult, totally spoilt for choice but two recent favourites have been Fanhams Hall Hotel in Ware, Herts and The Sculpture Gallery at Woburn Abbey in Bedfordshire.

If you are looking for something smaller and more intimate, then Shenley Cricket Centre in Herts and Crabbs Barn in Essex both fit the bill and offer a great service in lovely surroundings.



Chocolate Blush

Decoration/ favours – as far as I am concerned, favours have to be made of chocolate and they simply have to be made by Chocolate Blush it’s an absolute must!




Decorations, I would certainly go and have a look at the balloon art provided by Loony Balloony for something different.


Brides and Beauty
Makeup – so many talented people for this one, depending on where in the country you are, but amongst my favourites in the south of the country are Joyce at Brides & Beauty in Berkshire,











Eve at EveAshby in the South West, and Laura at Tips ‘n’ Toes in Hertfordshire.

Cakes – this is easy, it has to be Janet at Janet Mohapi-Banks, http://janetmohapibanks.com/ the most amazing designs by a lovely lady.

Flowers – again could be spoilt for choice here, so going to recommend a couple of local florists who are hugely talented and provide a first class service. The first is Bloom in St Albans and the second is Floral & Hardy in Barnet. For those further afield, Tigaliliflowers in Yorkshire do great stuff too.
Tigaliliflowers


White Gold Images

Photographer – oh now let me think…hmmm…oh yes, that has to be me of course! Some would say I am a Hertfordshire Wedding Photographer, some would argue that I am a London Wedding Photographer but given that as I type, here at my desk, I am sitting right on the border, I think I am both. Have a look at my blog for examples of wedding & portrait photography – relaxed, fun and romantic pictures of your wedding day.





Wedding Planner – for someone here in the South East, then Ardley Weddings can offer everything you need to help your day run smoothly









Finishing Touches – so many to choose from so be prepared to shop around and find something to suit your style and theme, but simply the best, especially for her heirloom bouquets and beautiful tiara crowns is our very own Sarah here at Tiny Gems

Tiny-Gems

These are just a few recommendations I can offer, but plan your wedding with as much notice as you can, this will allow you to do loads of research into the suppliers and services you want to use AND book them well in advance to make sure they are free. Make your day what you want it to be, not what other people say it should be. Have a look at some of these sites for inspiration and ideas:

To name just 3, but there are lots of them out there.

….and remember, when its all over, what you are left with are the rings, the keepsakes and the photographs/video – so these are the areas so should try and avoid skimping on most as they will have to last the longest, maybe even generations. Most of all, have a great day!


White Gold Images



2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the mention for English Wedding. And I agree with so many of your choices - some great designers listead above!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Claire

    ReplyDelete